Friday, July 20, 2012

Big Events for a Big Belly

SO much has happened in preparing for Nolan lately. First, I'll start off with a funny pregnancy story. Greg was being a sweet hubby and recommended that we go on an ice cream date last night. So we went to Marble Slab and got some ice cream. Little did we know that eating something so sugary so close to bed time was going to keep Nolan up ALL night. I still jump when Nolan kicks so I was tossing and turning all night. Everyone tells you to get your rest while you can before the baby comes. Much to my surprise the lack of sleep starts before the baby comes, I guess in preparation in a small part to what you will experience once they are here. I have definitely learned my lesson, but I don't think Greg is ready to laugh about this story yet, he is still tired :(

Next, I am so excited to get to the fun family celebration part of my pregnancy, the showers! I am so happy to celebrate Nolan with our families. Nolan is so loved and I can't wait for him to get here and see all those who love him gather around him.

After talking on the phone with Kara, Nolan's aunt, about his nursery and everything that is coming in for it and what I still have to wait on, I got a phone call that some of the furniture has arrived in the warehouse here in Houston! I thought I was going to have to wait until all the furniture was delivered together to even hear anything but they called to let me know some of it has arrived! And to add on top of that I can come and pick it up as it arrives instead of paying for delivery at the end of August. Finally I have something to put in Nolan's room!!! Im so excited! So next week we are picking up his crib, mattress and night stand. And his bulldog decal has arrived along with the bulldog lamp and puppy paw play mat. Just waiting on the keep calm and love bulldog poster and the four custom made bulldog prints.

Mom & Dad's influence

Decal

Bookends


Everything is coming together and getting exciting. I am so excited for him to get here!

Also, I forgot to note that I am back into my home made groove again. This all started last year when making our save-the-dates. I got the idea to save some money and make ours. I ordered vintage Welcome to Texas post cards and ordered a stamp to hand do everyone of them. And at that point mom and I were not use to the whole ordering for a wedding thing, and instead of ordering how many households we needed to send invitations to we ordered how many PEOPLE we were inviting. Needless to say we still have many left over. Then I decided to make every place card for the wedding, about 270! That was very tedious but I was very proud when it was done.

Now I have taken on making the thank you cards for gifts. I looked online and anything I wanted that was personalized would be $1.50 at least for EACH card. Way out of my price range. Since I had the stuff from last year I decided to make them myself. I couldn't decide which color scheme I liked best so there are 3 versions. Here they are.




The back is personalized with his initials, Nolan Thomas Lawler

I'm having so much fun making stationary things, so if you have an idea of something you want and can't find it, let me know and let's try to make it!!! I'd love to start doing this for fun from home to help support our family :) 

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I hope you get to do that! And I wish I could be there to help you celebrate! You're doing a great job and I do have to giggle about the ice cream. . . ��

    ReplyDelete