Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Hospital Bag...ready, set, go!

Yeah for weekly OBGYN visits! Had another visit today. As I have been saying, a bunch, I want Nolan to come by the end of this weekend :) So the doctor checked me out today and I am 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced. She stripped my membranes. Who knows if that will help or not. I have heard stories from friends who went into labor within 24 hours after having their membranes stripped all the way to others who had to have them stripped again. My mom had hers stripped with Brad on a Thursday and she had him by that Saturday. If I am like her then he will arrive 10-11-12, just like she wants ;)

The membrane stripping was definitely uncomfortable and the doctor said thats the pain I will feel when going into labor. My response "ok so Ill come into the hospital asking for an epidural then." She said I may have a bit of a bloody show but thats ok and not to worry. I need to focus on timing contractions if they get intense and watch for a possible water break. If your water breaks you must get to the hospital and have the baby within 24 hours.

Brad and Lauren come in town this Thursday and leave Sunday, so he needs to get here by Sunday. I really want them to be able to see him here this trip! I am doing all I can to make sure he is.

Now is the time to make sure all is set and ready to go. I have the hospital bag ready to go. I didn't know but the doctor gives you a file of paperwork that is notes on all your OBGYN visits that you MUST have when you check in to the hospital. So that goes with me everywhere. Here is what I have packed in my bag:
 - Comfy blanket
 - Plush robe
 - Pillows
 - toiletries (face products, toothbrush, toothpaste, hair brush, hair ties, headbands, shampoo, conditioner, soap, body firming lotion).
 - Hair dryer & straightner
 - Breast pads
 - Nursing bras & tops
 - 2 comfy pj/day outfits
 - My going home outfit
Nolan's bag
 - Boppy pillow
 - breast pump
 - 2 newborn size outfits, with caps
 - going home outfit, with cap & booties
 - Mittens
 - Receiving blanket
 - Going home blanket
 - Car seat
Other
 - Baby book: so they can put his footprints in it
 - Visitor Bubbles: for people to sign when they visit. I will make it into a picture I got from etsy

His nursery is ready, clothes are washed, we are ready. Come on down Nolan!


1 comment: