The membrane stripping was definitely uncomfortable and the doctor said thats the pain I will feel when going into labor. My response "ok so Ill come into the hospital asking for an epidural then." She said I may have a bit of a bloody show but thats ok and not to worry. I need to focus on timing contractions if they get intense and watch for a possible water break. If your water breaks you must get to the hospital and have the baby within 24 hours.
Brad and Lauren come in town this Thursday and leave Sunday, so he needs to get here by Sunday. I really want them to be able to see him here this trip! I am doing all I can to make sure he is.
Now is the time to make sure all is set and ready to go. I have the hospital bag ready to go. I didn't know but the doctor gives you a file of paperwork that is notes on all your OBGYN visits that you MUST have when you check in to the hospital. So that goes with me everywhere. Here is what I have packed in my bag:
- Comfy blanket
- Plush robe
- toiletries (face products, toothbrush, toothpaste, hair brush, hair ties, headbands, shampoo, conditioner, soap, body firming lotion).
- Hair dryer & straightner
- Breast pads
- Nursing bras & tops
- 2 comfy pj/day outfits
- My going home outfit
- Boppy pillow
- breast pump
- 2 newborn size outfits, with caps
- going home outfit, with cap & booties
- Receiving blanket
- Going home blanket
- Car seat
- Baby book: so they can put his footprints in it
- Visitor Bubbles: for people to sign when they visit. I will make it into a picture I got from etsy
His nursery is ready, clothes are washed, we are ready. Come on down Nolan!