Saturday, February 18, 2012

From our Wedding through the end of 2011

Welcome to my blog!
I have tried to create one so many times, but without fail I forget the password or even the web address. I am promising to keep this one updated as much as possible.

The Lawler lifestyle is about us, a couple just married, just learning how to love and live together and the lessons we learn along the way.

Greg and I met on my mother's birthday, October 3rd, back in 2008. Long story short Greg and I met because he was proving to his friends that a new pick up line (that he learned on The Pick Up Artist) could work on any girl they chose. Enter, me! We were at Continental Club in Houston and I went to refresh my drink and he came up to me, asking a question as if I was helping him with a discussion he was having with his friends. "What would you do if you had a boyfriend and he wanted to go to a strip club?" What an opening line, huh? Needless to say he was able to strike up a conversation with me and we exchanged numbers, and it was history from there.

We were married last August 6th, 2011. Everyone wonders how they will be on their wedding day, I was surprisingly calm the entire day. However, it is very true that it goes by way too quickly and you need to enjoy each and every second. Thank goodness for pictures. My favorite memory, besides becoming his wife, was him dropping me on the dance floor during our last dance to "Marry Me" by Train. This was so us. On one of our first hanging out times at Armadillo Palace, Greg asked me to dance. He unfortunately wasn't as confident in his dancing and I had suspected and received some advice form a friend, "spin her til she has fun." Lucky me! We danced, or he spun and I got dizzy. I fell onto the stage and he laughed. It was great, light hearted and at that point I knew I loved him. So it was only too perfect that on the last dance of the day we were married, with everyone circled around us watching, that he try to show his dance moves to everyone, and instead of delicately dipping me, he dropped me and fell himself. Again, thank goodness for photos.

We then spent our amazing honeymoon in Belize, which we will return to as soon as Greg graduates. That was our last relaxing moment, I think, in the past year. Because within a month of being married I found out I was pregnant! This was such a shock because I would have bet you that I would have needed some sort of medical assistance to get pregnant. We were shocked, thrilled and scared all at the same time.

We had our first ultrasound October 4th, less than 2 months after we got married, and heard our baby's heartbeat and learned we were 7 weeks 2 days along. Talk about getting pregnant on a first try. Not that we were trying. Unfortunately, like 25% of pregnancies, our baby did not make it through the first trimester. his was possibly one of the hardest things you can go through as a couple, let alone go through it only about 3 months into your marriage.

Having a miscarriage is common. It is more typical in first pregnancies. I feel like women who have miscarriages are ashamed and think as though they did something wrong. As my doctor said, if it happens in the first trimester it is typically a chromasonal abnormality. I was not ashamed, deeply sadden yes. I prayed because I wondered why I would be blessed with an answered prayer and then have it taken away. God answered by letting me know it gives me hope. I looked back at the miracle that God blessed with by proving to me that I can get pregnant. And now he has blessed me with the most wonderful feeling of hope.

Man what a year, marriage, a pregnancy and then a major loss all in 90 days. However, that is still longer than the Kardashian marriage. Had to lighten the mood :)

No comments:

Post a Comment