Monday, February 27, 2012

6 Weeks

Today we are 6 weeks 2 days! More than half way done through the first trimester! However, the worry has set in. I worry about carrying you until term so you can be born with the best possible chances. I worry about how I am going to feel throughout this whole thing. I worry about how I am going to be as a mother to you. Now starts the worry for the rest of my life, concerning you. But it is good worry. It is a worry that goes along with hope. Each of those worries can be reworded for "hope. " I hope for nothing but the best for you.

This weekend was rough. Along with that worry other symptoms came in to play. I felt very depressed, thinking I might never get to hold you, like our last baby. But I pray each night that we get to see your beautiful face. I also had a lot of food aversions this weekend. I made a huge pot of chicken for tacos and by the time it was ready I couldn't even smell it! Your dad had to make his own dinner. We also went to dinner with your grandparents and I had trouble keeping water down, WATER. If that is how its going to be, this will be a long pregnancy.

I countdown the days until the first ultrasound, March 6. Hopefully we will be able to hear your heartbeat! I can rest easier knowing your heart is beating strong.

I have been trying to figure out if you will be a boy or girl. I say "he" when talking to your dad, but your dad says "she." I tried the ring over my belly test and it switches back and forth. I looked up 4 chinese gender predictor calendars and they were split 2 girl and 2 boy. So as of right now we have no clue if you will be a little boy or a little girl. After the ultrasound I can try another old wives tale. If you are settled to the right in my belly you should be a boy, and if you are on the left, a girl. We shall see!


No comments:

Post a Comment