Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Fetal Doppler

Last Friday our fetal doppler came in the mail! I am so excited because now we can hear your heartbeat anytime we want! The first time we used it it took awhile to find your heartbeat. Since I have a small tummy right around my belly button we were searching there. Then your dad used his medical  knowledge, located a major artery of mine and knew where to look for you from there. Since you are so small you are lower than expected, and the bulge is my internal organs moving up to make room for you. We called EVERYONE in the immediate family to let them hear your heartbeat. I was so excited because you were either 11 weeks or 10 weeks 1 day old, which is older than our first baby when it stopped growing. So you are doing great! I can't wait to hold you. Actually I can't wait to feel you in my tummy, that seems so neat to me, then hold you.

A few days later I was feeling sharp pains that made me nervous so I made your dad find your heartbeat again, just to  make sure. We found it right away. This thing is so neat because now I can rest all my fears as soon as possible by hearing your heart and knowing you are still safe in there. That is all I am concerned about right now, is your safety. I have a feeling that won't change for the rest of my life and I am happy.

We have a doctors appointment in two weeks and I can't wait. We are trying to decide if we should announce you on Easter or wait until we see another picture of you to announce. I have been telling people bit by bit each week but we have not announced it on Facebook yet. Your dad wanted to announce it already because he has been good and has not really told anyone. He is just aching to share the good news that you will be joining our family in October!

No comments:

Post a Comment